Friday, May 7, 2010

A narrow escape...

Accidents happens in life..Sometimes by our mistake or the other way. But never had i thought, that the other way, it can be so close to a disaster, like what had happened to me today. From which, now also i am just consoling myself  that by gods grace , nothing serious happened...

                  As today was the scheduled date for giving vaccine for my nephew, while returning from the office itself, i managed to collect the consulting token in advance from the Pediatrician. After finishing off the lunch from home in hast, i had no further plans for the evening since i know that the consulting and further shopping itself would keep me engaged. On reaching the clinic on the scheduled time,and waiting for the token call, i realized that its gonna take a long time. Since my parents too were accompanying my sister, a sudden thought came to my mind that, rather than sitting there for an hour and spending time on my smartphone networking, i will just take my ride for a wheel alignment checkup since it has already over run a 1000kms than the desired limit for checking..But i had never thought that, there would be an unforgettable experience waiting to happen in my life on this very day.

                  The shop was already preoccupied with another vehicle for wheel alignment and since me too had ample time to spent, i just patiently observed what they were doing with the computer peripherals attached to the wheels of that car. It was only when the whole process completed and they were removing all the stuff from the wheels, i noticed that it has already past twenty minutes. I hand over my car key to the service men there, since i dont want to take the risk of getting my wheel inside the hollow platform accidentally.  :-)

  It was during the alignment sequence process that my eyes got stuck up with a new blue machine console, which has found place in this room. The words written on it, just started a smile over my face since it was no more unfamiliar- Nitrox filling for tyres. Since i had already enjoyed the comfort of driving in nitrogen gas filled tyres in my bike, it didnt took any more time to think again and i asked the guy to fill the tyres with them. After evacuating the air present inside, the guy got engaged in filling all the tyres. It was with one of the rear wheel, that  they had to spend little more time than expected, since the nozzle got jammed in side and they had to loosen the nuts and push it out. The whole work was completed in few minutes and me too was in little hurry, since i already received a call from my dad that the checkup of the baby is over and they are waiting for me at the clinic.
                
                  I am back on wheels after paying off the bill and was really eager  to experience the new change in ride. I could really feel the floating experience as i start to ride and creep on speed little by little. Since it has been few minutes since my dad's call, i pushed the accelerator hard to reach  the spot they have been waiting for as earlier as possible. Its now when i started noticing a strange sound and at first i really mistook it for something happening outside. But as a keen observer, when comes to the matter of vehicles, i found this voice very unfamiliar and disturbing too. It was when i slightly raised the speed and then gradually slow down, i realized that the voice too was following the same pattern. 

                        To avoid further confusion i parked the car beside the road and took a complete walk all around, since i had a guess like something would have been sticking to tyres and making rubbing sound as i drive. But i didnt find anything interesting or as the reason. Suddenly one scene flashed over my mind, of the guy having trouble while filling nitrogen gas in one of the rear wheel. I Simply walked towards that wheel and checked the nuts and to by biggest shock, None of the nuts were tightened!!! Each one of them could be easily removed just by simple hand pressure and twisting. i stood there shocked for a moment, imagining the disaster which would have happened if i had left this thing unnoticed.. since my family too was waiting just a km away, for me and drive back home...
                 
     I thank god whole heartedly a lot, for being an invisible power who took care of me and alerted me at the earliest of the disaster that is gonna happen. I believe its truly the prayers that i used to say inside my mind, that i got benefited. The incident also taught me of being much more careful in dealing with such matters in future....Coz it matters not only the life of me..but also the lifes of the people who depends on me....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hmmm.. So how do you feel about my post? Is it good enough? I really wish to hear from you about the same. Why don't you put it in few words here?

Also in time, check back here later coz, i will try my best to reply each of your comments. Take care and happy reading!! :)